2023 GATHERING OF FRIENDS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. What is the Gathering of Friends (the “GOF”)?
The Gathering of Friends is the annual fundraiser dinner gala to benefit Village Lutheran Church & The Chapel School. An enjoyable evening of cocktails, dinner and opportunities to win fabulous prizes will once again be offered - along with some new surprises… all while raising much needed funds for our school and church community!
2. When & Where is the GOF?
VLC & TCS 2023 Gathering-of-Friends "Roaring 20s Gala" will be held on Friday March 24, 2023. The 2023 Gala will be held at the VIP Country Club in New Rochelle.
3. Who attends the Gathering of Friends?
Parents, friends, faculty and staff of The Chapel School as well as members, administration and staff of the Village Lutheran Church.
4. How are funds generated at the GOF used?
The proceeds from the GOF directly fund operations and programming. The funds raised every year at Gathering of Friends directly support the programs and services that make The Chapel School such a unique and special place.
5. What’s new or different this year?
We have many new packages, and this year we are excited to be at a new venue!
6. How much are the tickets? What is included?
Tickets include admission to the gala, dinner, dancing, drinks and an evening of fun.
7. What kind of items are included in the silent auction?
Silent auction items may include gift certificates for local restaurants, wine baskets, unique jewelry pieces, sports memorabilia, spa experiences, etc.
8. What is the e-journal?
In recent years, we have elected to forgo the expensive and resource intensive paper program in lieu of an E-Journal. Families, friends, vendors, etc. can take out an E-Journal advertisement or announcement. The E-Journal is an electronic program that runs on screens throughout the evening and is also displayed in the church/ school following the event.
9. Who should I contact with ideas or to volunteer to help out?
Our Gala Chair for the 2023 Gala is Athena Kerin.
Development Office-Kim Zwisdak - email@example.com - (914) 337-0207 x1040
10. How can you make an impactful change?
There are many ways to make a difference:
1. Participate in a donor society sponsorship
2. Ticket purchase
3. Sponsor a faculty/ staff
3. Journal Ad purchase
4. Live and silent auction participation
5. Support the Gathering of Friends, Kids edition on March 18th, “Cubs and Carnival” a creative spin on the Roaring ‘20s gala and its iconic Lion symbol for refuge and strength.